Residential Property Structures and Tax

It has become more important than ever for anyone outside the UK, who own or want to buy UK property, to obtain legal and tax advice on the most appropriate way to structure their ownership.

Foreign owners of UK property need to consider the following UK taxes:

  • Annual tax on enveloped dwellings (ATED)
  • CGT on ATED-related gains (i.e. properties subject to ATED)
  • CGT on non resident UK residential property owners
  • Inheritance tax
  • Stamp duty land tax (SDLT) on any new purchase

How can we help?

We specialise in advising international clients who already own or wish to buy UK residential property, particularly in London. London is seen as a safe haven, both politically and economically, for international buyers. The majority of buyers in prime central London postcodes are from outside the UK.

Working closely with our real estate team we can implement the planning, complete required tax returns and make any necessary disclosures to HM Revenue & Customs. Our experienced team offer a complete service, taking a truly holistic approach to your situation.

Contact Us

News, Views and Events