Road building will undergo a significant change over the coming years. The government’s announced investment will see radical changes to support much needed development for rail and road infrastructure.
With the road sector facing advanced technical, financial and network ownership changes many businesses will seek experienced advisers to help meet the challenges ahead. Our leading highways practice extends to all aspects of road infrastructure and can advise on:
Planning and infrastructure
- Commercial and property agreements
- Compulsory purchase, planning and environmental issues
- Consents for major road, bridge, tunnel and ferry schemes
- Construction of roads, adoption and works to existing roads
- Highways Act agreements and licences
- Procurement and project finance
- Congestion charges, workplace levies and low emissions zones
- Public inquiries
- Right to access
- Road, tunnel and bridge tolls
- Acted for Lancashire County Council on the first highway scheme to be promoted under the Planning Act 2008, now under construction.
- Acted for the first two Highways Agency projects under the Planning Act 2008 (the A556 near Manchester and the A160 near Immingham).