We advise across the board on planning matters from very large projects of national significance to much smaller matters.
Our specialist team has extensive experience in advising those carrying out development as well as those who oppose it. Our clients turn to us for strategic and tactical advice on planning matters just as they seek advice on the details of planning procedure.
Here are a few examples of how we can help you:
- Appeals, hearings and inquiries
- Development plans of all kinds
- Enabling development
- Environmental assessment, including strategic environmental assessment
- Judicial reviews and other statutory challenges
- Listed building consent, conservation area consent and other consents
- Making, opposing and monitoring applications for planning permission
On environmental issues we work closely with organisations such as the Environment Agency which gives us a unique insight into all aspects of environmental law. We have worked with many clients undertaking major projects to advise specifically on the environmental issues involved. These may include:
- Climate change
- Emissions trading
- Energy, including renewable energy
- Environmental impact assessment and the content of the resulting environmental statements
- EU and international developments
- Fisheries management
- Flood defences, coastal protection works and dredging
- National parks and areas of outstanding natural beauty
- Waste and hazardous substances
- Water pollution, water protection zones, air pollution, IPC and IPPC
THE ENERGY CRUNCH
Will decreasing capacity in the UK cause the lights to go out?