Information technology has an impact on every business and organisation and is constantly evolving.
Moreover, rapid advances in areas such as cloud computing, mobile commerce and bring your own device to work bring a number of legal and commercial risks which organisations need to get to grips with.
Our technology team advises on all types of IT transactions ranging from software licensing through to major systems procurement, systems integration and outsourcing transactions.
We also advise on the issues surrounding the use of IT including privacy, data protection, data security and intellectual property and on related areas such as e-commerce and m-commerce.
We draft, review and negotiate agreements relating to:
- Cloud computing
- Hosting arrangements
- Maintenance of hardware, software and source code/escrow arrangements
- Managed communications for voice, data wide and mobile
- Outsourcing transactions including desktop and data centres
- Procurement of hardware and network infrastructure
- Reseller and distribution arrangements
- Software development
- Software licensing including open source licensing
- Systems procurement and integration
- Teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Website development and support
Acting for IT suppliers and users ranging from entrepreneurs through to multinationals and public sector organisations, we advise on the contracting process which includes:
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Drafting the legal and contractual elements of tender documentation
- Generation, review and negotiation of service level agreements
- Schedule generation and review
- Tender qualification and evaluation of supplier responses on contract issues