Sarah specialises in infrastructure planning. She has over 10 years of experience in advising a wide range of public and private sector clients, helping them to secure the special consents they need to successfully deliver railway, highway, energy, flood defence and other major projects.
She offers expertise in drafting legislative instruments, public inquiry work, securing compulsory purchase powers, drafting and negotiating agreements and advising generally on planning, environmental and heritage issues.
Sarah also has a keen interest in public law and regularly advises public bodies on a wide range of issues relevant to the lawful exercise of their functions.
Sarah is dual qualified in Scots and English law and regularly speaks at conferences and seminars on current issues in her areas of expertise.
Sarah Clark described as ‘a rising star.’ Chambers & Partners 2017
- Advising Transport for London on its major infrastructure projects, including the £30bn plans for Crossrail 2, the £1bn Northern Line Extension and the £600m Victoria Station Upgrade projects.
- Advising the Environment Agency in respect of a range of fisheries matters and in respect of major flood defence schemes, including the £100million Boston Barrier and the £60million Ipswich Barrier projects.
- Advising HS2 Limited in respect of the early development of its proposals for a new high speed rail network
- Acting for National Grid in respect of its Hinkley Point C Grid Connection Development Consent application
- Advising Able Humber Ports Limited in respect of its planned Able Marine Energy Park
- Acting for Network Rail in respect of a number of East and West Coast Main Line enhancement schemes and the Airdrie to Bathgate scheme
- Advising Natural Resources Wales on a range of public law matters