Nick is a partner in the employment team and advises HR professionals in the transport, professional services and charity sectors. Nick has a wealth of experience of advising organisations on a broad variety of employment issues including employment disputes and Tribunal litigation; business protection and restrictive covenant issues; and equal opportunities and diversity matters. Nick has a particular expertise and interest in advising on issues involving business reorganisations and restructures as well as on TUPE transfers.
Nick regularly publishes articles and briefings on employment law matters and is a frequent speaker at training sessions, seminars and roundtable events for a wide range of businesses and charities.
- Acting successfully for various train operating companies in defending Employment Tribunal claims for unfair dismissal, race discrimination, disability discrimination and unlawful deduction from wages
- Advising a High Commission on Employment Tribunal and Court of Appeal litigation regarding claims of discrimination and personal injury
- Acting for a global property consultancy in relation to breaches of restrictive covenants and confidentiality obligations by former senior members of its staff
- Advising a pathology services provider on TUPE issues surrounding the awarding of a contract from an NHS Trust
- Acting for a major educational provider in a number of claims for age discrimination
- Acting for a leading railway company in successfully defending a claim of unfair dismissal and race discrimination, which subsequently resulted in an award for costs of £10,000 being made against the employer
- Acting for a senior executive in a claim for sex and pregnancy related discrimination resulting in a large financial settlement
Memberships and professional bodies
‘Pragmatic’ employment specialist Nick Le Riche combines ‘impressive technical knowledge’ with ‘a very commercial approach’. Legal 500 UK 2017