Nick is a Roll A Parliamentary Agent. He advises on the authorisation of major economic infrastructure, whether in the transport, energy, water or waste sectors, and associated environmental and planning issues. He is also head of our public law group and regularly advises local authorities and other public bodies on their powers and obligations, constitutional matters, and information rights and privacy. This includes advising on the devolution settlement in Wales.
Nick is also the firm’s training principal.
- Acting for the Government – on High Speed 2
- Infrastructure Planning Commission, Network Rail and National Grid – on Development Consent Orders
- Nottingham City Council – on extensions to its tram network and its innovative workplace parking levy
- Natural Resource Wales – on the proposed creation of a Single Environmental Body for Wales
- Leeds City Council and West Yorkshire Combined Authority – on an 18 week public inquiry into a rapid transit scheme
- Supreme Court case on the legislative powers of the Welsh Assembly
- Promoted private Bills to authorise new markets, filming on highways, and bank mergers
Nick Evans, who has ‘good knowledge of procedure, deals with the detail and gives sound advice’. Legal 500 UK 2017