Matt is a Partner in our Private Wealth team, specialising in estate planning for UK and international clients.
Matt has a broad ranging practice providing English legal and UK tax advice to both UK domiciled and non-UK domiciled clients who can be UK resident or non-UK resident. Matt also advises on the UK tax implications for offshore trusts who may have UK resident beneficiaries.
Matt is the author of BDB’s International Ownership of UK property blog and has developed a specialism advising international clients on their residential property structures in light of significant tax changes in recent years.
Before joining the firm Matt worked in the private client team of a leading accountancy firm where he specialised in tax planning both for UK domiciled and non-UK domiciled individuals.
Matt trained with a national law firm where he qualified and practiced as a private client solicitor until his move into the accountancy sector.
– Named in the Citywealth ‘Future Leaders 100’ List 2017;
– Awarded silver for ‘Lawyer of the Year – Partner’ at the Citywealth Future Leaders Awards 2016; and
– Listed in eprivateclient‘s ‘Top 35 under 35’ private client practitioners 2014 and 2015.
‘Matt is a very technically sound private client lawyer. From working in both accountancy and law firms he has an ability to apply the law in a practical manner. I would have no hesitation recommending him.’
Citywealth Leaders List
Memberships and professional bodies
- 2015 – The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Private Client – Shifting Sands: The UK Revenue’s New Approach to UK Property Ownership through Enveloping>
- 2016 – The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Private Client – Globally Speaking: Putting HMRC’s approach to taxation of foreign owners of UK property into context
- 2017 – The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Private Client – Are the Proposals to Reform the Taxation of Non Doms Still Relevant for a Brexit Britain?