Kash is a senior associate specialising in commercial litigation matters, with a particular interest in construction, oil and gas, and finance disputes. A number of his cases relate to or originate from the Sub-Saharan Africa region. Kash also heads up our Africa team.
He has previously worked in house within a global construction company, giving him great industry insight. He has been involved in all forms of dispute resolution including adjudications, international arbitrations, mediations and high court litigation relating to rail projects, mega-infrastructure projects, oil & gas projects, PPP and PFI projects. He also has experience of drafting, negotiating and advising on a variety of construction contracts and ancillary contract documentation for a wide range of employer and contractor clients.
Kash has also acted on (and is currently acting on) a number of high value cases that involve the miss-selling of interest rate hedging products and the manipulation of the Libor rate.
- Defending a Nigerian oil company in the Commercial Court in England over alleged breaches of a multi-million pound bond guarantee.
- Advising a joint venture company between a subsidiary of a Nigerian oil company and a company registered in Singapore with regards to a fraud dispute relating to a multi-million pound purchase of oil rigs, where the governing law of the underlying agreements is English law and arbitration under the LCIA rules is the forum for disputes.
- Acting for a Ghanaian bank to register and enforce a Ghanaian judgement in England against UK assets of the bank’s debtor with debts of several millions of dollars owed to the bank.
- Acting for Cambridgeshire County Council in TCC proceedings in relation to a dispute concerning a high value major transportation project on the NEC 2 Contract for damages in the region of £100 million.
- Acting for a leading technology and innovation company specialising in defence security in response to proceedings issued in the London Court of International Arbitration in a delay and disruption claim for damages in the region of £500 million.
- Acting in adjudication proceedings against London Underground in relation to the signalling upgrade project on the Jubilee and Northern Lines for damages in the region of £300 million.
- Advising a local authority in the negotiation of a highways contract based on the NEC3 standard form, project costs of circa £20 million.
- Acting for a property developer against a major UK Bank in relation to its claim in the High court for over £25 million in compensation for the miss-sale of 10 Interest Rate Hedging Products.
- Acting for a property developer against 2 major UK banks in relation to its claims in the High Court, Administrative Court, and the FCA Redress Scheme for damages worth over £20 million in connection with the miss-sale of 7 Interest Rate Hedging Products.
- Acting for a global financial services company on a confidential internal review involving an anti-competition claim involving the manipulation of the Libor rate.