Garvey qualified in 2003 and has a mixed practice spanning employment, litigation and professional regulation. He acts for a range of company clients in various sectors, with particular experience in transport, professional services, professional regulation, healthcare and sport/media. His individual clients are typically senior executives from a wide range of sectors.
Garvey has handled a number of complex, high value and high profile claims in the Employment Tribunals, Employment Appeal Tribunal and High Court for both claimants and respondents, and regularly appears as an advocate in professional regulation tribunals.
Garvey is also an accredited commercial and workplace mediator.
- Providing legal and strategic advice on the employment aspects of a phase change in a major rail development programme across London.
- Acting for the head physio at a Premier League football club in a contentious exit, and successfully negotiating a severance package.
- Acting successfully for an IT consultancy firm in a £1.7M constructive dismissal, breach of contract (shares) claim.
- Acting for a train operating company, successfully defending a multiple-claimant, union sponsored claim about overtime rates of pay.
- Successfully defending a police authority in a prominent race discrimination/harassment claim.