Ellen acts for a wide range of commercial real estate clients focusing particularly on development site acquisitions and disposals, advising lenders on the property aspects of secured funding and general commercial investment and portfolio management work.
- advising a landowner on a hybrid option/promotion agreement entered into with national house builders for the development of new urban expansion area including advising on collaboration and pooling arrangements with neighbouring landowners
- acting for a developer client on the acquisition of a residential development site, including advising on existing tenancy arrangements, service easements, deferred consideration and planning overage.
- acting for a developer in relation to the acquisition of a development site and subsequent sale to a development partner on a subject to planning deal including provisions for obtaining planning, subsequent phased completion, development and marketing protocols, step-in rights and sales overage
- acting for an investment fund on the disposal of investment property in central London for £25million subject to existing lease
- acting on the sale of a development site by way of mutual put and call options to facilitate tax and business planning, negotiating multiple overage regimes plus incentivised planning regime and secured deferred consideration provisions.
- acting on the acquisition of a former public institution for £28.5m including negotiating overage and contamination liability issues.
- advising an investment fund on the grant of multiple linked leases to a single tenant in a HQ building including provision for both landlord and tenant works
- advising on the property aspects of corporate acquisitions and disposals of properties including operational manufacturing plant, storage and distribution warehouses, data centres and office buildings.
- Acting for a lender in taking security in the UK to support loan facilities advanced to a variety of offshore corporate wrappers and structures.