Legal Week shortlist BDB for two awards at the British Legal Awards
Hosted by Legal Week in association with The City of London Law Society, the awards celebrate achievement, excellence and innovation in the legal profession and the categories have been carefully selected to reflect the complex and challenging work undertaken by lawyers.
BDB are pleased to be shortlisted for the following categories at the 2017 British Legal Awards:
- Private Client Team of the Year
- Energy and Infrastructure Team of the Year
Simon Weil, head of the private wealth department, commented:
‘Fresh from winning the Solicitors Journal Private Client Team of the Year Award, we are thrilled to have been nominated by Legal Week, alongside our Energy and Infrastructure colleagues. 2017 witnessed a huge flurry of activity in the spring, on behalf of our non domiciliary clients, prompted by the wide-ranging tax changes that are to take effect as from 6 April 2017. Our commitment to our international practice was once again demonstrated by our recruitment of Lara Mardell, who previously headed up Ogier’s Hong Kong office and who joined us in September 2017.’
Angus Walker, head of the government and infrastructure team, commented:
‘We are delighted to have been shortlisted by Legal Week for two of the British Legal Awards. Our Energy and Infrastructure Team of the Year entry is for the Richborough connection project, part of an electricity interconnection with Belgium, and this is just one of the nationally significant projects that have been keeping the team busy this year.’
Winners will be announced on 30 November.
Categorised in: News
- 22 Feb 2018 Charities’ wrongs – can we trust the law to correct them? >
- 14 Feb 2018 For love(child) or money: Claims under the Inheritance Act >
- 14 Feb 2018 ‘We’ve Got Our Party Back’ – Are Labour And The Conservatives Facing The Same Basic Challenge? >
- 13 Feb 2018 Serious illness insurance cover and implications on assets >