We provide advice across a wide range of sectors, including:
Our experience and expertise in these areas enables us to advise Livery Companies and their associated charities and schools on the full range of issues that they may face on a day to day basis.
In addition, our longstanding involvement with many Livery Companies means that we understand and appreciate the status of the Companies, their history and heritage and the issues that are likely to be of concern to them.
Examples of work we have undertaken for Livery Companies clients include:
- Advising on Royal Charters, ordinances and regulations for Companies both ancient and modern
- Advising on the commercial terms in relation to sponsorship of and association with schools
- Advising on the trusteeship of charitable funds, the merger of charities and the amalgamation and rationalisation of funds
- Advising on corporate and charity property portfolios including day to day property management and the acquisition and disposal of portfolio property
- Advising on the impact of the Equality Act 2010 to charitable objects requiring grants to be made to persons of a certain background and nationality
- Advising on the legality of age limits imposed on holding the office of Master
- Advising on the full range of employment issues, including reviewing, updating and drafting contracts of employment and Staff Handbooks, advising on disciplinary and dismissal matters, advising on casual worker status and undertaking Employment Tribunal litigation
- Advising on the terms of outsourcing contracts, including in relation to catering and accountancy services