Reward is a much wider concept than pay, and all businesses should aim to achieve the best balance they can as part of staff motivation. In our next Breakfast Briefing we will be looking at some of the current legal issues which impact on businesses as they try to achieve these aims. Some of the points to discuss are as follows:
- Is your reward structure legal? – Equal Pay and discrimination / Gender Pay Gap reporting
- Conducting pay review processes – the dangers of management bias
- Bonus schemes and employee ownership
- Exercising discretion properly for bonus payments
- Clawbacks for pay and bonus arrangements – is this only relevant to bankers?
- The links between PDRs and reward
- PHI benefits – the links to sickness absence and disability
- Flexible working as a benefit
- Salary Sacrifice – the impact of forthcoming changes
- Benefits packages and the link with changes to the taxation of termination payments and PILONS
- Pay and reward in TUPE transfers
- Settlement Agreements – ways to save money in terminations
We look forward to welcoming you.