BDB promotes five to partnership
Bircham Dyson Bell is pleased to announce five promotions to the firm’s Partnership across four practice groups, effective from 1 June. 29% of the firm’s Partnership is now female – a year on year increasing trend. 19 lawyers in total have been promoted at the firm.
- Matthew Braithwaite, Private Wealth – Matt has a broad range of private client experience and specialises in advising on international tax planning and offshore trusts and wealth holding structures. Before joining the firm in 2013, Matthew worked in the Private Client department of a leading accountancy firm where he gained expertise in tax planning both for UK domiciled and non-UK domiciled individuals. He is the author of BDB’s successful International Ownership of UK Property blog.
- Sarah Clark, Government and Infrastructure – Sarah specialises in infrastructure planning and has over a decade’s experience advising a wide range of public and private sector clients, helping them to secure the special consents they need to successfully deliver major projects. She has recently led the team on the Hinkley Point C Connection project.
- Ian Cameron, Government and Infrastructure – Ian’s practice focuses on advising public and private sector clients on the consenting of major projects, principally in the transport sector. He has particular expertise in all aspects of the authorisation process, from consultation and planning through to compulsory acquisition and compensation.
- Dennis Lee, Intellectual Property – Dennis joined the firm in 2015 to head up the Intellectual Property team, has been specialising in IP for over 12 years and has a wealth of experience advising commercial and individual clients in the media, entertainment, retail, fashion, IT and leisure industries. He specialises in wide-ranging intellectual property, commercial and corporate law matters, both from a contentious and non-contentious perspective. Dennis has been rated by Chambers and Partners as a Leader in the Field of IP law for three consecutive years.
- Sinéad Lester, Litigation and Dispute Resolution – Sinéad is the tenth Partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution department at BDB. Her practice encompasses a wide range of disputes, primarily in the commercial context from shareholder disputes to professional negligence claims. In addition, Sinéad has a wealth of experience advising on property and insolvency related litigation.
*From left to right: Matthew Braithwaite, Sarah Clark, Dennis Lee, Sinéad Lester and Ian Cameron.
These promotions are supported by 14 wider senior associate and associate promotions across a range of departments, including:
Jesper Christensen, Managing Partner, commented:
‘It is exciting to welcome each of these five talented individuals into the partnership as we continue to grow and strengthen our offering across all core practice areas. The internal promotions, including to the Senior Associate and Associate level, are hugely deserved and demonstrate the commitment of the firm to nurture our talent and continue to meet the needs of our clients, whether domestic or international, through organic growth as well as key external hires.’
Categorised in: News
- 22 Feb 2018 Charities’ wrongs – can we trust the law to correct them? >
- 14 Feb 2018 For love(child) or money: Claims under the Inheritance Act >
- 14 Feb 2018 ‘We’ve Got Our Party Back’ – Are Labour And The Conservatives Facing The Same Basic Challenge? >
- 13 Feb 2018 Serious illness insurance cover and implications on assets >